Tech Giants Meta And Amazon Announce A Game-Changing Collaboration!
By TD NewsDesk
Updated on Fri, Nov 10, 2023
Well, Meta is all set to turn your fantasy into reality!
In a surprising yet happy twist, Meta and Amazon are teaming up to revolutionize the consumer experiences!
Despite Meta's recent shift from live shopping, the company is doubling down on turning Facebook and Instagram into your go-to shopping platforms by joining forces with Amazon.
So, what's new in the cart for consumers?
- Meta and Amazon are working hand in hand to let customers link their Facebook and Instagram accounts directly to their Amazon accounts. Customers can now shop through Meta's social apps without breaking a sweat, all while enjoying the convenience of your saved Amazon payment info and shipping details.
- According to Amazon spokesperson Callie Jernigan, "For the first time, customers can shop Amazon's Facebook and Instagram ads and check out with Amazon without leaving the social media apps." She continued, "Customers in the U.S. will see real-time pricing, Prime eligibility, delivery estimates, and product details on select Amazon product ads in Facebook and Instagram as part of the new experience."
- Customers would need to link their Meta account (either Facebook or Instagram) to their Amazon account in a quick one-time setup. After that, they can check out Amazon from the product ad without leaving Facebook or Instagram. The default shipping address and payment info of customers from Amazon will do the trick, making their shopping experience smoother than ever.
Now let's see how this collaboration will help these tech giants:
- Maurice Rahmey, a Meta and Google Ads partner spilled the news of this groundbreaking partnership. Rahmey believes, "While additional details are still scarce, this partnership could be a massive revenue opportunity for Meta, Amazon, and most importantly, advertisers."
- Besides, this partnership is anticipated to help Meta bypass Apple's tracking policy, creating an smoother experience. Meta has been at odds with Apple's policy and this collaboration allows both companies to thrive while keeping the data flowing smoothly. Rahmey explained, "Because of the shared data of this partnership, this also bypasses any challenges with Apple's App Tracking Transparency policy, meaning a true closed loop performance engine."
- While Meta is shifting to its own checkout experience, Amazon is gaining a powerful ally in the social commerce realm. This collaboration comes when Amazon is seeking a stronger foothold in the social app market and Meta is tapping into Amazon's Ecommerce prowess.
- Not to mention TikTok launched its Shop, reaching over 150 million users and now Amazon and Meta's collaboration throws down the gauntlet, heating up the competition in the social commerce realm.
Now, only time will tell how much this collaboration will help Meta and Amazon but it seems the partnership is poised to be a revenue bonanza for sellers and advertisers alike!
Do you think Amazon and Meta's tag team will win the battle for Millennial, Gen Z and even Gen Alpha consumers? Will we see more partnerships between the ecommerce and social media sectors?
Drop your thoughts in the comments section below!
First published on Fri, Nov 10, 2023
Liked what you read? That’s only the tip of the tech iceberg!
Explore our vast collection of tech articles including introductory guides, product reviews, trends and more, stay up to date with the latest news, relish thought-provoking interviews and the hottest AI blogs, and tickle your funny bone with hilarious tech memes!
Plus, get access to branded insights from industry-leading global brands through informative white papers, engaging case studies, in-depth reports, enlightening videos and exciting events and webinars.
Dive into TechDogs' treasure trove today and Know Your World of technology like never before!
Disclaimer - Reference to any specific product, software or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by TechDogs nor should any data or content published be relied upon. The views expressed by TechDogs’ members and guests are their own and their appearance on our site does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent. Views and opinions expressed by TechDogs’ Authors are those of the Authors and do not necessarily reflect the view of TechDogs or any of its officials. All information / content found on TechDogs’ site may not necessarily be reviewed by individuals with the expertise to validate its completeness, accuracy and reliability.
Join The Discussion