Global Payments And Commerzbank Partner Up To Enhance Digital Payment Experiences For Small Businesses
By TD NewsDesk
Updated on Fri, Jan 12, 2024
Keeping to this thought, Global Payments Inc., a leading worldwide provider of payment technology and software solutions announced it is partnering up with Commerzbank, a major bank for small and medium-sized German enterprises, to enhance digital payment solutions in Germany.
What does this partnership comprise of and why is Global Payments foraying into European markets? Let’s explore!
What Does The Global Payments And Commerzbank Partnership Entail?
- In announcements made by both companies, Global Payments Inc. and Commerzbank AG conveyed they would be partnering up to form a joint venture to offer digital payment solutions to small and medium-sized businesses across Germany.
- The new company will be called Commerz Globalpay GmbH, will be based in Frankfurt (officially called Frankfurt am Main) and is planned to launch in the first half of 2024.
- The move aims to raise Germany’s non-cash payment percentage from 65% to the European average of 83%, which works well for the company, seeing how Germany is Europe’s second-largest market in consumer spending.
- At present, the partnership and the completion of its transaction is yet subject to the approval of respective supervisory and antitrust authorities.
- Overall, the joint venture will provide merchants with a one-stop-shop to run and grow their businesses more efficiently.
What Do Both Companies Bring To The New Joint Venture?
- Global Payments will hold a 51% stake in the company as opposed to Commerzbank holding 49%.
- Commerz Globalpay will provide seamless omnichannel experiences through a comprehensive suite of digital payment services and software solutions at scale.
- This includes Global Payments’ smartphone-based payment apps that enable merchants to accept phone payments without a separate card reader, modern card terminals and e-commerce/mobile payment solutions.
- Ahead of this, the company will also provide a variety of leading value-added services, including cloud-based point-of-sale software, customer loyalty programs, analytics, customer engagement platform and more.
- Global Payments will provide commerce enablement solutions and distinctive payment offerings, while Commerzbank will bring knowledge and customer relationships expertise.
What Did Stakeholders Say?
- Cameron Bready, President and CEO of Global Payments, said, “Commerzbank is the ideal partner to expand our presence in Germany to deliver industry-leading services to merchants across the country.”
- [Contd.] “This joint venture significantly enhances distribution for our distinctive payment offerings and commerce enablement solutions in an attractive growth market where there are substantial opportunities to digitize the payment experience.”
- Thomas Schaufler, Member of the Board of Managing Directors for Private and Small-Business Customers at Commerzbank, said, “With this joint venture with Global Payments, we are investing in modern forms of payments at the highest level.”
- [Contd.] “Through simple solutions, new products, and technologies, provided by Global Payments, we are creating an optimal experience for the Commerzbank customers. This makes the project an important part of our strategy update to create added value and excellence for our customers.”
In addition to this partnership, Global Payments also has deals in place with CaixaBank (Spain) and Erste Group Bank (Austria), as it looks to establish a better connection with customers in Europe.
Do you think this will encourage other American fintech businesses to follow suit? Can personalization and regional adaptability help financial businesses increase their popularity in other markets?
Let us know in the comments below!
First published on Fri, Jan 12, 2024
Enjoyed what you've read so far? Great news - there's more to explore!
Stay up to date with the latest news, a vast collection of tech articles including introductory guides, product reviews, trends and more, thought-provoking interviews, hottest AI blogs and entertaining tech memes.
Plus, get access to branded insights such as informative white papers, intriguing case studies, in-depth reports, enlightening videos and exciting events and webinars from industry-leading global brands.
Dive into TechDogs' treasure trove today and Know Your World of technology!
Disclaimer - Reference to any specific product, software or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by TechDogs nor should any data or content published be relied upon. The views expressed by TechDogs’ members and guests are their own and their appearance on our site does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent. Views and opinions expressed by TechDogs’ Authors are those of the Authors and do not necessarily reflect the view of TechDogs or any of its officials. All information / content found on TechDogs’ site may not necessarily be reviewed by individuals with the expertise to validate its completeness, accuracy and reliability.
Join The Discussion