Global Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor Market Report to 2026 - by IGBT type, Application and Region - ResearchAndMarkets.com
By Business Wire
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) Market: Analysis By IGBT type, By Application, By Region Size and Trends with Impact of COVID-19 and forecast up to 2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global IGBT market was valued at US$6.96 billion in 2021 and is expected to grow to US$11.32 billion by 2026.
Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) is a bipolar transistor with an insulated gate terminal. IGBTs are suitable for high-voltage, high-current applications and need a minimum voltage on the gate to keep a system functioning. The IGBT combines the main features of both BJT (Bipolar Junction Transistor) and MOSFET (Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistors) into a single device.
The main advantages of IGBT over other types of transistor devices are: Fast switching speed and combined with zero gate drive current, ease of drive, high pulse current tolerance, high input impedance, high voltage capability Due to various factors such as rising adoption of EVs, renewable energy generation, home appliances consumption, etc., the market would see notable growth. The IGBT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.40% over the forecast period of 2022-2026.
- Rising Wind Power generation
- Increasing Solar Power generation
- Escalating Industrial Activities
- Rising Household Appliances Consumption
- Increasing Adoption Of Electric Vehicles
- Growing Use of IGBT in Railways
- Latch Up Issue in IGBT
- Availability of Alternatives
- Rising Adoption of SiC
- New Generation IGBTs
Impact Analysis of COVID-19 and Way Forward
The global impact of COVID-19 has been unexpected and staggering, with insulated gate bipolar transistors witnessing a negative impact on demand across all regions. Insulated gate bipolar transistor manufacturing has been extremely disturbed in the first quarter of 2020, due to the lack of components available.
Moreover, the unavailability of the total workforce affected the insulated gate bipolar transistor production capacity and market growth. Due to the imposed lockdown, the automakers around the world cut the orders as vehicle sales plummeted. This was an important factor that had a detrimental impact on the market of insulated gate bipolar transistors. Thus, in the year 2020, the market experienced a slow growth rate as compared to the pre-pandemic level. As lockdown restrictions were normalized in the second half of 2020, demand for power semiconductors was returned to the pre-pandemic level.
Scope of the Report:
The report includes:
- An in-depth analysis of the global IGBT market by value, by IGBT type, by application, by region, etc.
- The regional analysis of the IGBT market, including the following regions: Asia Pacific (China, Japan and Rest of Asia Pacific), Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy and Rest of Europe), North America (The US and Rest of North America) and RoW
- A detailed analysis of the China IGBT market by value and by application.
- Comprehensive information about emerging markets.
- This report analyses the market for various segments across geographies.
- Provides an analysis of the COVID-19 impact on the global IGBT market.
- Assesses the key opportunities in the market and outlines the factors that are and will be driving the growth of the industry. Growth of the overall IGBT market has also been forecasted for the period 2022-2026, taking into consideration the previous growth patterns, the growth drivers, and the current and future trends.
- Evaluation of the potential role of IGBT to improve the market status.
- Identification of new technological developments, R&D activities, and product launches occuring in the IGBT market
- In-depth profiling of the key players, including the assessment of the business overview, market strategies, regional and business segments of the leading players in the market.
- The recent developments, mergers and acquisitions related to mentioned key players are provided in the market report.
- The in-depth analysis provides an insight into the Market, underlining the growth rate and opportunities offered in the business.
- ABB Ltd
- Danfoss Group
- Fuji Electric
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Infineon Technology
- Mitsubishi Electric
- NXP Semiconductor N.V.
- Renesas Electronic Corporation
- ROHM Semiconductor
- StarPower Semiconductor
- STMicroelectronics N.V.
- Toshiba Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/qf804q
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Like what you read? Head to the TechDogs homepage to find the latest tech content infused with drama and entertainment. We've got Articles, White Papers, Case Studies, Reports, Videos and Events - the complete lot to help you Know Your World of Technology.
First published on Thu, May 5, 2022
Disclaimer - Reference to any specific product, software or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by TechDogs nor should any data or content published be relied upon. The views expressed by TechDogs’ members and guests are their own and their appearance on our site does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent. Views and opinions expressed by TechDogs’ Authors are those of the Authors and do not necessarily reflect the view of TechDogs or any of its officials. All information / content found on TechDogs’ site may not necessarily be reviewed by individuals with the expertise to validate its completeness, accuracy and reliability.
Join The Discussion